|Kursusnavn (dansk):||Advanced Topics in Game Technology |
|Kursusnavn (engelsk):||Advanced Topics in Game Technology |
|Semester:||Efterår 2013 |
|Udbydes under:||cand.it., spil (games) |
|Omfang i ECTS:||7,50 |
|Min. antal deltagere:||12 |
|Forventet antal deltagere:||20 |
|Maks. antal deltagere:||30 |
Students should have experience of game design and development, and be
able to independently implement algorithms and research prototypes.
Familiarity with a game engine is preferred.
Moreover the student must always meet the admission requirements of
the IT University.
After taking the class, students should be able to
- analyze research articles and identify problem statement, challenges, gaps, hypothesis, and limitations
- independently propose and evaluate the feasibility of research ideas building on recent research in game technology
- write coherent research proposals following conventions of academic style
- guideline on reading and writing research papers
- practical experience of giving and receiving on research ideas and academic writing
- tutorials on successful research practices
- tutorials on current research topics in game technology
- student presentations
- discussions and debate
- writing a thesis proposal
|Obligatoriske aktivititer:||Mandatory activies:
3 hand-in assignments and 2 presentations: one written paper review, one written short research proposal, one written critique of a research proposal, one research proposal presentation and one paper presentation.
Students cannot proceed to the exam without performed the mandatory activities.
|Eksamensform og -beskrivelse:||D22: Aflevering med mundtlig eksamen suppleret af aflevering., 7-trins-skala, Ekstern censur|
- Each student is required to give at least one presentation discussing articles provided in the course to pass the course.
- Each student is required to give two critics on other student’s presentations.
- The thesis proposal must be presented in a written report (no longer than 6 pages including references, and formatted in AAAI two-column) and also in an oral exam, where questions may be asked in relation to the chosen research topic.
Oral exam is 30 min.
Submission/completion of mandatory activities before Friday 30 November 2012 at 15:00.
|Litteratur udover forskningsartikler:||. |