|Kursusnavn (dansk):||Interaktionsdesign I |
|Kursusnavn (engelsk):||Interaction Design I |
|Semester:||Efterår 2013 |
|Udbydes under:||cand.it., digital design og kommunikation (ddk) |
|Omfang i ECTS:||7,50 |
|Min. antal deltagere:||12 |
|Forventet antal deltagere:||60 |
|Maks. antal deltagere:||60 |
|Formelle forudsætninger:||NB: Dette kursus er kun for studerende, der er optaget på kandidatuddannelsen i Digital design og kommunikation. |
|Læringsmål:||After the course the student should be able to:
• Conduct exploratory interaction design projects and perform user-oriented, grounded study of application contexts
• Select, combine, apply and compare a number of theories and methods for idea generation, data collection, data analysis, design and evaluation of the relevance of the planning and execution of interaction design projects
• Present and prototype interaction design concepts (or part thereof) using appropriate materials, tools and techniques
• Reflect on both practical and theoretical aspects of interaction design and the design process
|Fagligt indhold:||The course prepares the student to carry out exploratory interaction design projects where a clear design problem is not well defined. Through project work, students will use a variety of theories and methods for idea generation, data collection, data analysis, design, prototyping and evaluation. Moreover, students will design with sensitivity to the problem context and with regard to contemporary issues in the field of interaction design research. |
14 weeks of teaching consisting of lectures, exercises and supervision
• Lectures by instructors and guest lectures, where theories and methods are presented and discussed
• Group work on design project and related activities
• Critique sessions with participation by peers and teaching staff
• Workshops on practical skills required for project development
In connection with the course, there is also the following assignments and presentations:
• Students participate in critique sessions
• Groups present their design project in the form of video, prototype and presentation
• Groups submit a report on their design project
Note: Course barring. Due to the degree of content overlap, you cannot take this course if you have taken “Introduction to Interaction Design”.
|Obligatoriske aktivititer:||In this course, students must complete mandatory activities (eg participation, assignments, exercises, critiques, production and presentation of project) in order to be prepared for the exam and be able to submit written work for the exam. If activities are not conducted you will not be able to participate in the exam.
Mandatory activities are (dates advertised on course blog):
• Participation in critique sessions (at least 70% of sessions)
• Design project (and presentation and exhibition)
• Report on project design (group report)
|Eksamensform og -beskrivelse:||D2G Aflevering med mundtlig eksamen der supplerer projekt. Delt ansvar for projekt., 7-trins-skala, Ekstern censur|
Oral exam lasts 30 minutes per examinee (10 minute individual presentation, 10 minutes for discussion and 10 minutes for examiners’ discussion)
Submission/completion of mandatory activities before xxx
|Litteratur udover forskningsartikler:||Required (and part of exam syllabus):
• Löwgren, J. and Stolterman, E. (2004 or 2007) Thoughtful Interaction Design: a design perspective on information technology. MIT Press.
Optional (not part of exam syllabus):
• Buxton, B. (2007) Sketching User Experiences. Morgan Kaufmann Publishers.
• Shaffer, D. (2010) Designing for Interaction, Second Edition, Creating Innovative Applications and Devices. New Riders.