|Kursusnavn (dansk):||Exploring Networked Culture |
|Kursusnavn (engelsk):||Exploring Networked Culture |
|Semester:||Efterår 2013 |
|Udbydes under:||cand.it., digital design og kommunikation (ddk) |
|Omfang i ECTS:||15,00 |
|Min. antal deltagere:||12 |
|Forventet antal deltagere:||15 |
|Maks. antal deltagere:||15 |
|Formelle forudsætninger:||This is the last course in the DDK-spezialisation “Networked Culture.”
It is only possible to sign up for this course for students who have attended the first part of the specialization, i.e. the course “Digital Cultures.”
|Læringsmål:||After this course the students should be able to:
• Examine the application of different perspectives on networked culture in digital culture and communication research.
• Relate the study of networked culture to a broader context by discussing their application in specific research projects.
• Identify and apply different theoretical lenses in the study of networked culture in individual research projects.
• Apply relevant theoretical and methodological concepts to the study of networked culture in individual projects and project reports.
|Fagligt indhold:||This course will cover material that will help students to:
• Further develop and refine analytical and methodological skills related to the study of networked culture
• Gain insight into specific research fields in the study of networked culture.
Relevant themes covered in this course include:
• Research on networked culture in specified research areas
• Hackers, activism, slacktvism, and radical politics in networked culture
• Notions of open access, open knowledge, and internet freedom
• Censorship, surveillance, and control in networked culture
• User-generated content, citizen journalism, co-creation, and wisdom of the crowds
• Notions of empowerment in networked culture
• Digital utopia and where they come from
• Identity and social networks online and offline
• Blogging, micro-blogging, and the social web
• Ethical and methodological challenges
Most lectures will be in English. Discussion, exercises, assignments, and exam papers can be either in Danish or English.
|Læringsaktiviteter:||14 ugers undervisning bestående af forelæsninger, øvelser og vejledning|
The course consists of 14 lessons four hours each. The first lecture will provide an overview of the course. Most sessions will be a combination of lectures, discussions, exercises, and practical guidance. Students are expected to come prepared to each lecture and actively engage in course activities in-class and specified week-to-week activities.
A portion of the course will be dedicated to the students developing their individual exam projects, which will be presented for other members of the class in a mandatory presentation seminar.
|Obligatoriske aktivititer:||The mandatory course activities include two written assignments, and participation in the presentation seminar. |
|Eksamensform og -beskrivelse:||X. experimental examination form (7-scale; external exam), 7-trins-skala, Ekstern censur|
|Litteratur udover forskningsartikler:||. |