|Kursusnavn (dansk):||B30 Enterprise Strategy, Business and Technology |
|Kursusnavn (engelsk):||B30 Enterprise Strategy, Business and Technology |
|Semester:||Efterår 2013 |
|Udbydes under:||cand.it., e-business (ebuss) |
|Omfang i ECTS:||7,50 |
|Min. antal deltagere:||20 |
|Forventet antal deltagere:||25 |
|Maks. antal deltagere:||50 |
|Formelle forudsætninger:||Students must have completed an introductory enterprise architecture course (T8 EA or MEPA) or achieved equivalent competencies elsewhere. In addition, students must meet the IT University's general admission requirements. |
|Læringsmål:||The student must at the end of the course be able to:
• explain the key issues in modern management theory, strategic leadership and management innovation, which is particularly relevant for 'IT savvy' enterprises
• conduct analyzes and assessments of corporate governance of IT and IT management.
• formulate concrete plans for improving enterprise strategy practices in public organizations and private companies.
|Fagligt indhold:||The course aims to develop the participants' understanding of the link between strategy, business and technology in an enterprise setting, ie in professional and mature companies in both the private and public sectors.
The course deals with how companies develop, renew and improve their viability and how they achieve alignment, agility and assurance. Furthermore, corporate governance of IT, portfolio management, Program Management Office establishment are discussed in strategic, business and technological contexts.
• Governing, analysis, performance assessment, KPIs
• Program and portfolio management
• Organizational transparency and trust
• Measurement of architecture maturity, enterprise agility and coherency
• Viability and change management in practice
• Systems thinking, model thinking
|Læringsaktiviteter:||12 forelæsninger + lejlighedsvis øvelser i forbindelse med undervisningen|
The course runs as a regular weekly module with mixed lectures, guest presentations, exercises and group discussions.
Optional exercises using BPMN and other modeling methods with selected EA tools (e.g., MEGA Suite, Qualiware, Mood), and possibly contributions to real cases (”action research”).
|Obligatoriske aktivititer:||Der er ingen obligatoriske aktiviteter. Vær venlig KUN at ændre denne tekst når der er obligatoriske aktiviteter./ |
There are no mandatory activities. Please, change this text ONLY when there are mandatory activities.
|Eksamensform og -beskrivelse:||X. experimental examination form (7-scale; external exam), 7-trins-skala, Ekstern censur|
Oral exam based on synopsis or essay. At least 500 pages of literature must be used in the synopsis, and at least 400 page in an essay. Max number of pages is 5 pages for synopsis and 10 pages for essay.
|Litteratur udover forskningsartikler:||Recommended book:
Patrick Hoverstadt (2008) Fractal Organization: Creating Sustainable Organizations with the Viable System Model.
A digital compendium will also be used.