|Kursusnavn (dansk):||Innovation and Technology in Society |
|Kursusnavn (engelsk):||Innovation and Technology in Society |
|Semester:||Efterår 2013 |
|Udbydes under:||cand.it., Digital Innovation & Management (dim) |
|Omfang i ECTS:||7,50 |
|Min. antal deltagere:||12 |
|Forventet antal deltagere:||50 |
|Maks. antal deltagere:||75 |
|Formelle forudsætninger:||Please note that this course is only available for students enrolled in a Masters programme of the ITU. |
|Læringsmål:||Having completed the course, the student should be able to:
- Discuss classical and modern theories of innovation including their relevance for analysing the development of information and communication technologies.
- Characterize key conceptual perspectives and methodological approaches which have been central to the development and growth of social studies of science and technology.
- Analyse and critically reflect over the challenges and complexities of technological innovation including issues of governance and regulation.
- Apply different perspectives within the sociology and economics of science and innovation to particular cases of technological development with special reference to IT solutions.
- Account for the political, cultural and ethical dimensions of innovation in society.
- Reflect over the political and commercial issues arising out of different patterns of expert-lay and technological producer-user relations.
|Fagligt indhold:||The course will provide the students with theoretical perspectives and conceptual tools to analyze the relations between it-innovation and society. The course will enable the students to conceptualize, and critically and constructively reflect on, innovation projects and processes, including their own potential roles in such projects. The core perspectives taught in the course are sociological, historical, and socio-technical. The course will also address the role of science in innovation, analysis and design of information-infrastructures, technology transfer, and vision-process. |
Teaching will consist of a mixture of lectures and exercises while the students will investigate an historical or topical case that involves innovation, technology and society.
|Obligatoriske aktivititer:||Synopsis with project plan to be handed in at one point during the semester. |
|Eksamensform og -beskrivelse:||CG: Skriftlige arbejder i grupper uden mundtlig eksamen., 7-trins-skala, Intern censur|
The exam consists of hand-in by groups of one to four students. A report written by one student should be 13 pages. The report written by groups of 2-4 persons must consist of an introduction of 3 pages and a conclusion of 3 pages, both with shared responsibility and 10 pages essay from each, individual responsibility.
|Litteratur udover forskningsartikler:||To be announced. |