|Kursusnavn (dansk):||Critical Systems Seminar |
|Kursusnavn (engelsk):||Critical Systems Seminar |
|Semester:||Efterår 2015 |
|Udbydes under:||cand.it., softwareudvikling og -teknologi (sdt) |
|Omfang i ECTS:||7,50 |
|Min. antal deltagere:||1 |
|Forventet antal deltagere:||0 |
|Maks. antal deltagere:||40 |
|Formelle forudsætninger:||System architecture and Security (Course), Discrete Mathematics and Distributed Systems in Java |
|Læringsmål:||The student should after the seminar be able to
• Explain technologies for formally modelling and designing reliable and secure critical systems
• Explain the use of compliance rules and selected current industrial standards, and specify rules informally and formally
• Explain the principles of formal verification (model-checking) and code scanning and apply model-checking and code scanning tools
• Explain the principles of behavioural types and their application for robust and reliable implementation of complex distributed systems
• Explain principles of automated testing and integration and apply tool for continuous delivery
• Explain socio-technical aspects of critical systems
|Fagligt indhold:||Please note, that due to technical challenges, changes may occur before the start of the semester (week 35) – this applies to all sections of the course description.
The overall aim of the seminar is to introduce the student to key techniques and concepts related to the production of software for critical systems.
The seminar will cover lectures and hand on lab exercises on
• technologies for formal modelling and design of reliable and secure critical systems
• compliance rules and selected current industrial standards, and specification of compliance rules informally and formally
• principles and tools of formal verification (model-checking) and code scanning
• principles of behavioural types and their application for security protocols and robust and reliable implementation of complex distributed systems
• principles of automated testing and integration and tools for continuous delivery
• socio-technical aspects of critical systems
This seminar should prepare you to do a project in the second half of the term, followed by a MSc thesis preparing you to take software developer and software/enterprise architect jobs in software houses and consultancies taking part in development of distributed, service-oriented and process-aware information systems for which correctness and security plays a critical role (such as electronic patient records and other healthcare software, financial software, e-voting, aministrative systems, embedded software in safety-critical devices such transportation etc), as well as it serves as a potential entry point to research in model-based design, process-aware information systems, formal methods, programming, logic and semantics.
The course will have a few guest lectures working in the area of critical systems and his closely connected to the Critical Systems strategy area at ITU.
The seminar runs intensively two days a week until week 41, covering the key topics with lectures, student presentations and hand on exercises.
|Obligatoriske aktivititer:||There will be a small mandatory hand-in for each of the key topics and the seminar will end by handing in a revision of all the hand ins. |
|Eksamensform og -beskrivelse:||X. experimental examination form (7-scale; external exam)|
Duration: oral exam 20 minutes
Duration: preparation for exam 15 minutes
|Litteratur udover forskningsartikler:||TBD |