|Kursusnavn (dansk):||IT-enabled Supply Chain Management |
|Kursusnavn (engelsk):||IT-Enabled Supply Chain Management |
|Semester:||Efterår 2015 |
|Udbydes under:||Bachelor i global virksomhedsinformatik (bgbi) |
|Omfang i ECTS:||7,50 |
|Min. antal deltagere:||12 |
|Forventet antal deltagere:||40 |
|Maks. antal deltagere:||60 |
|Læringsmål:||After the course the student should be able to:
• Describe down-stream and up-stream information flows and their role in supply chain management.
• Analyze challenges and options related to vertical integration (granularity of information capture) as well as horizontal integration (sharing of information).
• Describe the role of various forms of IT hardware, software, and network technologies in enabling management of supplychains.
• Perform modeling of a simple supply chain using the Supply Chain Council’s SCOR model.
• Describe the opportunities and challenges related to collaboration as firms engage in IT-enabled process innovation across a supply chain.
|Fagligt indhold:||Please note, that due to technical challenges, changes may occur before the start of the semester (week 35) – this applies to all sections of the course description.
Supply chains connect businesses in global networks of collaboration to provide customers with services and products. Effective management of supply chains is highly dependent on up-stream and down-stream information sharing and on IT-infrastructures to capture, store and process information. Enabling supply chain management through IT represents the exemplar instance of business process innovation in the increasingly global economy and it requires complex combinations of a wide portfolio of IT hardware, software and network technologies. The course aims at enabling the student to analyze information processing requirements to support management of complex supply chains, to describe the role of IT hardware, software, and network technologies in enabling supply chain management and to help firms select and design IT solutions to support supply chainmanagement.
|Læringsaktiviteter:||12 forelæsninger og 12 øvelsesgange|
The course is organized around lectures and readings supplemented with group discussions and exercises. The theoretical material is supplemented with case studies that play a major role in relating concepts to real-world examples.
|Obligatoriske aktivititer:||Der er ingen obligatoriske aktiviteter. Vær venlig KUN at ændre denne tekst når der er obligatoriske aktiviteter./ |
There are no mandatory activities. Please, change this text ONLY when there are mandatory activities.
|Eksamensform og -beskrivelse:||B1I Mundtlig eksamen med forberedelse. På ITU, (7-scale, external exam)|
The duration of the exam: 30 minutes incl. assessment and feedback
Preparation time: 30 minutes
|Litteratur udover forskningsartikler:||• S. Chopra and P. Meindl (2010): Supply Chain Management – Strategy, Planning and Operation, Prentice-Hall.
• The SCOR model available at http://www.supply-chain.org/
• Selected readings