|Kursusnavn (dansk):||Thesis Preparation - Games |
|Kursusnavn (engelsk):||Thesis Preparation - Games |
|Semester:||Efterår 2015 |
|Udbydes under:||cand.it., spil (games) |
|Omfang i ECTS:||7,50 |
|Min. antal deltagere:||12 |
|Forventet antal deltagere:||20 |
|Maks. antal deltagere:||70 |
Information about study structure
This course is third part of all specializations on the Master of Science in IT, study programme Games.
|Læringsmål:||After the course, the student should be able to:
- Propose and evaluate a research question.
- Formulate a research problem statement.
- Independently research for literature and other research resources.
- Formulate a research plan.
- Reflect on the academic process of independent research.
- Reflect on the the scope and ambition of a master thesis and its relation with the academic research traditions it relates to
- Evaluate the scope, depth and research importance of a Master Thesis.
- Evaluate research questions and problem statements.
- Structure the research process for a master thesis
- Perform the basics of independent research, from literature search and annotation to method description.
|Fagligt indhold:||Please note, that due to technical challenges, changes may occur before the start of the semester (week 35) – this applies to all sections of the course description.
This course is intended to help students do the preparatory work for their Master Thesis.
The purpose of the course is to help students formulate a topic for their master thesis, complete with an initial literature list.
The course will give the students:
- An understanding of academic independent research.
- A familiarity with a number of academic methods and traditions that are relevant to their research project, through independent work and supervision.
Working with a supervisor to formulate a thesis problem statement, research question, work plan, and literature review.
|Obligatoriske aktivititer:||Meetings with a supervisor, as needed. |
|Eksamensform og -beskrivelse:||C: Skriftlige arbejder uden mundtlig eksamen., (pass/fail, internal exam)|
The exam paper for Thesis prep should consist of a thesis topic, problem statement/research question, and a short work-plan (1 page total) and a 3-4 pages literature review; 4-5 standard pages in all.
|Litteratur udover forskningsartikler:||- |