|Kursusnavn (dansk):||Concept Development with Industry |
|Kursusnavn (engelsk):||Concept Development with Industry |
|Semester:||Forår 2017 |
|Udbydes under:||Bachelor i digitale medier og design (bdmd) |
|Omfang i ECTS:||15,00 |
|Min. antal deltagere:||15 |
|Forventet antal deltagere:||0 |
|Maks. antal deltagere:||75 |
|Formelle forudsætninger:||This is a required course for fourth semester students of the Bachelor of Science in Digital Media and Design (DMD) Program. |
|Læringsmål:||By the end of this course, students should be able to:
1. Develop service/product concepts for a specific industrial partner through
2. Investigate and analyze the business context and needs of your partner.
3. Identify potential target user group and their needs independently
4. Identify all relevant stakeholders who may potentially influence the outcome of the proposed concept
5. Choose and apply relevant tools and work processes for concept development
6. Design and develop your concept and business model, and assess them with your industrial partner
7. Collaborate and involve with your industrial partner. / Collaborate and validate your concept with your industrial partner .
8. Reflect on and utilize theories and methods that have been presented throughout the course
|Fagligt indhold:||In this course, you should develop concepts for digital media products in collaboration with a real public or private sector partner. Course topics include methods for problem identification, idea generation and concept development in groups, visualization tools, user and stakeholder analysis, analysis of organization’s internal and external business context, organizational cultural challenges, pitching and client presentation, business model development, and project management.
Depending on the needs of the industrial partner of the course, the content may also include topics such as location-based services, tracking, accessible design, service interaction, new technologies, social, cultural, and economic trends, etc
|Læringsaktiviteter:||14 ugers undervisning bestående af forelæsninger, øvelser og vejledning|
Readings, lectures, assignments, project work in teams under supervision on a project introduced by the industrial partner.
Active participation all day at the seminar day April 30 with concept pitch and feedback from industry partners.
Provide constructive feedback to your peer students (other teams).
What if the student fails to pass a mandatory activity:
If absent: Individual written report of 2-3 pages of the concept pitch with deadline a week later.
Be aware: The student will receive the grade NA (not approved) at the ordinary exam, if the mandatory activities are not approved and the student will use an exam attempt.
|Eksamensform og -beskrivelse:||D1G Aflevering med mundtlig eksamen baseret på projekt i gruppe. Delt ansvar for projekt., (7-scale, external exam)|
You hand in a group project, and afterwards attend an oral individual examination based on the project report.
Submission: 25-30 pages pr. group
Duration of oral exam: 30 minutes (incl. assessment and feedback)
|Litteratur udover forskningsartikler:||Two mandatory books by Alex Osterwalder:
- Business Model generation, Wiley, 2010
- Value Proposition Design, Wiley 2014
+ a mandatory digital syllabus available on LearnIT.
In total approx. 555 pages of mandatory litterature.
In addition to this approx. 450 pages of self selected litterature with relevance to each project that has to be approved by the supervisor during the project period.
In total: 1000 pages pr. project group.