|Kursusnavn (dansk):||Andetårsprojekt: Funktionel programmering |
|Kursusnavn (engelsk):||Functional Programming |
|Semester:||Forår 2017 |
|Udbydes under:||Bachelor i softwareudvikling (bswu) |
|Omfang i ECTS:||7,50 |
|Min. antal deltagere:||1 |
|Forventet antal deltagere:||0 |
|Maks. antal deltagere:||95 |
|Formelle forudsætninger:||* You are enrolled on the BSc study program in software development.
* You can construct object-oriented software using C#, corresponding to what is learnt in the BSc courses Object Oriented Software Construction (BOSK) and the BSc course Analysis, Design and Software Architecture (BDSA).
* You can design and query relational databases and can use XML, corresponding to what is learnt in the BSc course Data Storage and Formats (BDLF).
Information about the course of study
This course is part of the fourth semester in the bachelor’s degree in Software Development.
|Læringsmål:||After this learning activity the student should be able to:
(1) apply and reflect on theories for modelling, analyzing and constructing functional declarative programs.
(2) apply and reflect on the concepts behind functional programming compared to imperative and object oriented programming.
(3) construct programs in F# and explain the basic principles behind functional programming using F#.
(4) describe and explain solutions to problems in the context of functional programming.
(5) apply core concepts of functional programming.
(6) reason about the complexity of functional programs.
|Fagligt indhold:||The subject of the course is functional, declarative programming in general and F# in particular. This includes the following themes:
Functional Programming Paradigme:
* first class functions
* higher-order functions
* type inference and polymorphism
* recursion and tail-recursion
* algebraic data types
* strict and lazy evaluation
* garbage collection
* reference types
* mutable versus immutable data
* divide and conquer
|Læringsaktiviteter:||14 ugers undervisning bestående af forelæsninger og øvelser|
The course consists of
* a course-like block with lectures and exercises, covering the themes of the course
* Up till 10 hand-ins with F# assignments
The course includes required reading on functional programming, parallel programming and F#.
|Obligatoriske aktivititer:||How Many: 8 assignments with a value of 2 points each. A total of 16 points can be earned. You need 12 points to attend exam.
When: 1 to 2 assignments every week.
Deadlines: One week per assignment.
Retake: It is possible to hand-in assignment within two weeks after the first deadline to improve score
NB: Students not fulfilling the requirement of 12 points to attend the exam will be given the grade NA (not passed) at the ordinary exam and thereby use one exam trial.
|Eksamensform og -beskrivelse:||A11: Skriftlig eksamen (stedprøve) med adgang til internet, skriftlige og trykte hjælpemidler., (7-scale, external exam)|
Additional exam information:
Duration: 4 hours.
The student is allowed to use all aids: books, notes, software, on-line resources
|Litteratur udover forskningsartikler:||The book
Functional Programming using F#
by Michael R. Hansen and Hans Rischel.