|Kursusnavn (dansk):||Systemudvikling og projektorganisering |
|Kursusnavn (engelsk):||System Development and Project Organization |
|Semester:||Forår 2017 |
|Udbydes under:||Bachelor i softwareudvikling (bswu) |
|Omfang i ECTS:||7,50 |
|Min. antal deltagere:||1 |
|Forventet antal deltagere:||0 |
|Maks. antal deltagere:||90 |
|Formelle forudsætninger:||Please note! Changes to this course description may occur until start of the spring semester 2017.
Kendskab til programmering og systemudvikling
|Læringsmål:||After the course, students should be able to:
- describe the role of a software project manager
- explain the content of the various methods and techniques for systems development and project management that are covered in the course
- identify key characteristics of a software project and critically reflect on which project model better fits such characteristics
- use a variety of tools and effective techniques for software project management
- plan and run a software project
- discuss the different challenges related to managing distributed software development projects
- apply techniques and methods of project management on a small project
|Fagligt indhold:||The goal of this course is to provide students with a broad understanding of the challenges involved in managing a software development project as well as well-established techniques and tools available to address these challenges. This will allow students to act within a software development project as either participants or as project managers by understanding the strategic choices of selecting a development model for a specific project.
The course includes a general introduction to IT project management and the methods and techniques used to manage an IT project. As a whole, the course provides an overview of different models and how they relate to IT project management.
- Differences and similarities between different development models.
- Different ways to organize the development process, with particular focus on agile and plan-driven methods: waterfall Model and plan driven project management, and Scrum as the method for systems development and project management.
- Systems development and project management in multicultural and distributed teams.
|Læringsaktiviteter:||12 forelæsninger og 12 øvelsesgange|
he teaching is organized as an alternation between lectures and practical exercises to experience first hand the topics under analysis.
Individual and group-based assignments will also be given sporadically to ensure consolidation of core concepts throughout the course.
Finally, students will be highly encouraged---but not requested---to incrementally submit preliminary reports of their final hand-in. These submissions will be evaluated and feedback will be provided with the aim of improving the quality of the final hand-in.
|Obligatoriske aktivititer:||Der er ingen obligatoriske aktiviteter. Vær venlig KUN at ændre denne tekst når der er obligatoriske aktiviteter./
There are no mandatory activities. Please, change this text ONLY when there are mandatory activiti
|Eksamensform og -beskrivelse:||D22: Aflevering med mundtlig eksamen suppleret af aflevering., (7-scale, external exam)|
The hand-in will be a report documenting and reflecting on the management of the second year project; additional information about the required content will be provided throughout the course and clearly detailed on LearnIT. In those cases in which the second year project cannot be used as a test case, alternative assignments will be crafted on an ad-hoc basis. The same will be applied for re-examinations.
The duration of the oral exam is 20 minutes.
|Litteratur udover forskningsartikler:||Software Project Management, 5. edition.
Bob Hughes, Mike Cotterell.
McGraw-Hill 2009. ISBN 10-0-07-712279-8.