|Kursusnavn (dansk):||Graphics Programming |
|Kursusnavn (engelsk):||Graphics Programming |
|Semester:||Forår 2018 |
|Udbydes under:||cand.it., spil (games) |
|Omfang i ECTS:||7,50 |
|Min. antal deltagere:||15 |
|Forventet antal deltagere:||0 |
|Maks. antal deltagere:||40 |
|Formelle forudsætninger:||Students must have experience with and be comfortable with programming, and be capable of independently implementing algorithms from descriptions in pseudocode. This corresponds to at least having passed an intermediate-level programming course. The course will contain compulsory programming assignments.
High school level A (or equivalent) in mathematics is also required.
Moreover the student must always meet the admission requirements of the IT University.
|Læringsmål:||After the course, the student should be able to:
• Outline the software and hardware architecture of WebGL
• Describe light/material interaction and how it relates to the Phong lighting model
• Program GLSL shaders for the Phong lighting model and other effects.
• Use linear algebra to perform the transformations between coordinate spaces in the graphics pipeline
• Implement applications with scene graphs, textures, shaders, and lights
• Explain the math and theory behind virtual cameras in computer graphics
• Describe advanced rendering techniques such as shadow maps, deferred shading,
|Fagligt indhold:||Changes to the course description can occur until semester start
- modeling and viewing transformations
- perspective projection
- shader programming
- Gouraud and Phong shading
- texture mapping and bump mapping
In addition, the student will be supervised in the acquisition of specialized knowledge in the graphics-programming area of their choosing. Example topics might include:
- parameterized surfaces
- physical simulation
- particle systems
- voxel rendering
1) Eight weeks of foundational study in which text and online sources provide the background for in-depth programming assignments.
2) Six weeks of supervised project work including introductions to advanced topics.
Besides traditional lectures the class will also include class-based discussions and small quizzes to make the students reflect about the topics.
Weekly exercises are not handed in, but their solutions are published after one week.
Both the weekly exercises and the final project are solved individually.
|Obligatoriske aktivititer:||Der er ingen obligatoriske aktiviteter. Vær venlig KUN at ændre denne tekst når der er obligatoriske aktiviteter./
There are no mandatory activities. Please, change this text ONLY when there are mandatory activities.
|Eksamensform og -beskrivelse:||D22: Aflevering med mundtlig eksamen suppleret af aflevering., (7-scale, external exam)|
Submission of an individual project including source code, binaries (if any) and a short report describing the implementation details and the theory used.
The exam will cover both the curriculum as well a project.
Oral exam: 20 min.
|Litteratur udover forskningsartikler:||Interactive Computer Graphics with WebGL: Global Edition,
Edward Angel, Dave Shreiner
Published 2014, 7th edition
Pearson Education Limited / ISBN 9781292019345