|Kursusnavn (dansk):||Business Foundations |
|Kursusnavn (engelsk):||Business Foundations |
|Semester:||Efterår 2018 |
|Udbydes under:||Bachelor i global virksomhedsinformatik (bgbi) |
|Omfang i ECTS:||7,50 |
|Min. antal deltagere:||15 |
|Forventet antal deltagere:||0 |
|Maks. antal deltagere:||75 |
|Formelle forudsætninger:||This course is part of the third semester in the bachelor’s degree in Global Business Informatics. |
|Læringsmål:||After the course the student should be able to:
• Describe different perspectives on business strategy.
• Relate different competitor based strategies to different situations.
• Analyze value chain and value system and relate this to various forms of diversification and integration.
• Perform a stakeholder analysis and relate this to setting of objectives and measurement of performance (e.g. Balanced Score Card)
• Describe various aspects of portfolio management
• Create a simple marketing plan using the tought concepts.
• Describe and apply common external and internal financial concepts (e.g. EBIT, P/E, cost allocation, WIP, business cases etc)
|Fagligt indhold:||In order to support a business with effective IT based processes, it is necessary to understand what the business is doing and how it is done. The aim of this course is to provide the student with an insight of business management both private and public and introduce the business vocabulary.
Several perspectives on business management will be presented to allow the student to adapt his/her point of view to a particular situation.
A broad selection of classic management theories will be presented and discussed related to both the public and private sector. Some new theories will be presented e.g. Blue Ocean, such that students are aware of the new trends.
Introduction to business strategy
The external environment
Business systems and the value chain
|Læringsaktiviteter:||12 forelæsninger og 12 øvelsesgange|
The course will consist of lectures and exercises under supervision. The exercises will be theoretically based analysis of business situations with a student presentation and discussion in plenum. Newspapers and Company web sites will be used as background material. The fact that cases are actual and appear in newspapers make the concepts more relevant for the students.
|Obligatoriske aktivititer:||Der er ingen obligatoriske aktiviteter. Vær venlig KUN at ændre denne tekst når der er obligatoriske aktiviteter./
There are no mandatory activities. Please, change this text ONLY when there are mandatory activities.
|Eksamensform og -beskrivelse:||A11: Skriftlig eksamen (stedprøve) med adgang til internet, skriftlige og trykte hjælpemidler., (7-scale, internal exam)|
The duration of the exam: 4 hours