|Kursusnavn (dansk):||IT-enabled Supply Chain Management |
|Kursusnavn (engelsk):||IT-Enabled Supply Chain Management |
|Semester:||Efterår 2018 |
|Udbydes under:||Bachelor i global virksomhedsinformatik (bgbi) |
|Omfang i ECTS:||7,50 |
|Min. antal deltagere:||15 |
|Forventet antal deltagere:||0 |
|Maks. antal deltagere:||60 |
|Formelle forudsætninger:||. |
|Læringsmål:||After the course the student should be able to:
• Describe down-stream and up-stream information flows and their role in supply chain management
• Describe and understand the role of various forms of IT hardware, software, and network technologies in enabling management of supply chains.
• Describe and recognize the opportunities and the challenges related to collaboration as firms engage in IT-related process innovation across a supply chain.
• Analyze challenges and options related to vertical integration (granularity of information capture) as well as horizontal integration (sharing of information).
• Assess and criticize key practices of how information technology can be used to manage knowledge, enhance efficiency, aid in decision making, and create a strategic competitive advantage in supply chains
|Fagligt indhold:||Supply chains connect businesses in global networks of collaboration to provide customers with services and products. Effective management of supply chains is highly dependent on up-stream and down-stream information sharing and on IT-infrastructures to capture, store and process information. Enabling supply chain management through IT represents the exemplar instance of business process innovation in the increasingly global economy and it requires complex combinations of a wide portfolio of IT hardware, software and network technologies. The course aims at enabling the student to analyze information processing requirements to support management of complex supply chains, to describe the role of IT hardware, software, and network technologies in enabling supply chain management and to help firms select and design IT solutions to support supply chainmanagement. |
|Læringsaktiviteter:||12 forelæsninger og 12 øvelsesgange|
The course is organized around lectures and readings supplemented with group discussions and exercises. The theoretical material is supplemented with case studies where key issues of supply chain integration is analyzed and solutions developed through group discussions.
Students are required to participate in group work and make presentations in class.
|Obligatoriske aktivititer:||Der er ingen obligatoriske aktiviteter. Vær venlig KUN at ændre denne tekst når der er obligatoriske aktiviteter./
There are no mandatory activities. Please, change this text ONLY when there are mandatory activities.
|Eksamensform og -beskrivelse:||B1I Mundtlig eksamen med forberedelse. På ITU, (7-scale, external exam)|
The duration of the exam: 30 minutes incl. assessment and feedback
Preparation time: 30 minutes.