|Kursusnavn (dansk):||Thesis Preparation - Games |
|Kursusnavn (engelsk):||Thesis Preparation - Games |
|Semester:||Efterår 2018 |
|Udbydes under:||cand.it., spil (games) |
|Omfang i ECTS:||7,50 |
|Min. antal deltagere:||1 |
|Forventet antal deltagere:||0 |
|Maks. antal deltagere:||60 |
|Formelle forudsætninger:||. |
|Læringsmål:||After the course, the student should be able to:
- Propose and evaluate a research question
- Formulate a research problem statement
- Independently research for literature and other research resources
- Formulate a research plan
- Reflect on the academic process of independent research
- Reflect on the the scope and ambition of a master thesis and its relation with the academic research traditions it relates to
- Evaluate the scope, depth and research importance of a Master Thesis
- Evaluate research questions and problem statements
- Structure the research process for a master thesis
- Perform the basics of independent research, from literature search and annotation to method description
|Fagligt indhold:||This course is intended to help students do the preparatory work for their Master Thesis.
The purpose of the course is to help students formulate a topic for their master thesis, complete with an initial literature list.
The course will give the students:
- An understanding of academic independent research.
- A familiarity with a number of academic methods and traditions that are relevant to their research project, through independent work and supervision.
Working with a supervisor to formulate a thesis problem statement, research question, work plan, and literature review.
As a student of this course you are entitled to 35 hours of supervision time over the course of the semester.
|Obligatoriske aktivititer:||Der er ingen obligatoriske aktiviteter. Vær venlig KUN at ændre denne tekst når der er obligatoriske aktiviteter./
There are no mandatory activities. Please, change this text ONLY when there are mandatory activities.
|Eksamensform og -beskrivelse:||C: Skriftlige arbejder uden mundtlig eksamen., (pass/fail, internal exam)|
The exam paper for Thesis prep should consist of a thesis topic, problem statement/research question, and a short work-plan (1 page total) and a 3-4 pages literature review; 4-5 standard pages in all.