|Kursusnavn (dansk):||Game Programming |
|Kursusnavn (engelsk):||Game Programming |
|Semester:||Efterår 2018 |
|Udbydes under:||cand.it., spil (games) |
|Omfang i ECTS:||7,50 |
|Min. antal deltagere:||1 |
|Forventet antal deltagere:||0 |
|Maks. antal deltagere:||50 |
|Formelle forudsætninger:||The essential skills and requirements are:
- Good programming ability, since the course will involve several programming exercises and a final projects.
- Basic mathematics understanding. Geometry, matrix algebra, etc.
Information about the course of study
This course is mandatory for students who are enrolled in Master of Science in IT, study programme Games, Technology track.
I øvrigt skal man opfylde IT-Universitetets generelle optagelseskrav.
|Læringsmål:||After the course the students should be able to:
• Design and implement components for a modern game engine using best practices of software engineering
• Manage resources and memory in C++ efficiently
• Create game engine modules with high cohesion and low coupling
• Optimize performance bottlenecks on both the CPU and GPU
• Generalize about the structure of, and similarities and differences between, modern 3d game engines
• Implementing basic components of a game engine
• Describe why system programming languages, such as C++, is needed in the games industry.
|Fagligt indhold:||Students learn the basics of game programming using both 2D and 3D graphics. They learn to integrate a physics engine and how game loops and time steps work. After the course students are familiar with component architectures and other game programming patterns.
The students will create one full game exam-project and document this in a written report.
|Læringsaktiviteter:||14 ugers undervisning bestående af forelæsninger, øvelser og vejledning|
14 weeks of teaching consisting of lectures, exercises and supervision
Students are responsible for attending weekly lectures and then working in their groups independently, yet supervised, on their game project.
|Obligatoriske aktivititer:||During the semester the students must hand-in and have approved 4 exercises, which covers some of the important topics of the course.
Hand-in deadlines are found in LearnIt.
Be aware: The student will receive the grade NA (not approved) at the ordinary exam, if the mandatory activities are not approved and the student will use an exam attempt
|Eksamensform og -beskrivelse:||D22: Aflevering med mundtlig eksamen suppleret af aflevering., (7-scale, external exam)|
.D22: Hand-in with following oral exam supplemented by the hand-in
The duration of the oral exam is 30 minutes.
The final submission consists of a game (source code and binaries) including a report about the project.
The exam will cover both the curriculum as well the project.
The exam project should be created in groups of maximum 3 people.