|Kursusnavn (dansk):||User Experience |
|Kursusnavn (engelsk):||User Experience |
|Semester:||Efterår 2018 |
|Udbydes under:||cand.it., digital design og kommunikation (ddk) |
|Omfang i ECTS:||7,50 |
|Min. antal deltagere:||15 |
|Forventet antal deltagere:||0 |
|Maks. antal deltagere:||70 |
|Formelle forudsætninger:||None |
I øvrigt skal man opfylde IT-Universitetets generelle optagelseskrav.
|Læringsmål:||After this course the student will be able to:
• Understand and describe the notion of User Experience and how it relates to usability
• Identify, model and validate user needs and goals for specific market segments, using an iterative hierarchical process
• Design and validate MVP (minimum viable products) UX prototypes, building upon established interface paradigms
• Design and validate MVP UX prototypes for emerging and novel types of interfaces
• Formulate verifiable hypotheses that can guide digital product design decisions
• Design methods to rapidly measure and validate such hypothesis, facilitating a data driven decision process
• Use UX prototyping techniques to communicate with a diverse set of stakeholders
• Understand UX research methods that are used to investigate broader issues in relation to digital products
• Be able to apply a subset of UX research methods to investigate a given problem
|Fagligt indhold:||The course introduces the students to the theories, principles and methods of User Experience; it is focused on the development of functional UX design prototypes that combine multiple mobile devices and interfaces, from flat UI to dialog and voice based design patterns.
It uses lean methods based on pain driven design, hierarchical user story mapping, multidevice design patterns and microinteractions system design, as well as rapid prototyping combining both industry proven and novel tools and methods.
The course provides students with a foundation and practical experience in designing UX prototype products. The theoretical and practical content will be based on actual cases leading to group reports where results are described.
|Læringsaktiviteter:||14 ugers undervisning bestående af forelæsninger og øvelser|
14 weeks of lectures and exercises. Every second week, students present findings to the rest of the class. The exercises will be done in groups of 3-4 students and due every second week.
|Obligatoriske aktivititer:||Throughout the semester there are exercises where the students turn in 4-5 pages (plus illustrations) per 2 weeks in groups. Once per semester the group will present their findings in class, the week after hand-in.
Be aware: The student will receive the grade NA (not approved) at the ordinary exam, if the mandatory activities are not approved and the student will use an exam attempt.
|Eksamensform og -beskrivelse:||CG: Skriftlige arbejder i grupper uden mundtlig eksamen., (7-scale, external exam)|
Written exam without oral exam: one report written in groups (3-4 students per group), complemented with one page written answer to an exam question, written by each individual student.