|Kursusnavn (dansk):||Avancerede designprocesser |
|Kursusnavn (engelsk):||Advanced Design Processes |
|Semester:||Efterår 2018 |
|Udbydes under:||cand. it, digital design og interaktive teknologier (k-ddit) |
|Omfang i ECTS:||15,00 |
|Min. antal deltagere:||120 |
|Forventet antal deltagere:||0 |
|Maks. antal deltagere:||0 |
|Formelle forudsætninger:||7.5 ECTS in programming or databases.
7.5 ECTS course or project work within design research methods, including qualitative or quantitative approaches as used in design or social research.
I øvrigt skal man opfylde IT-Universitetets generelle optagelseskrav.
|Læringsmål:||After completing the course, the student should be able to:
• plan, conduct and reflect on digital design processes from a design theoretical foundation
• choose between appropriate design methods and techniques based on knowledge about the context of use and type of design process
• discuss and reflect on the use of analytic and practical design tools in the process in a user-oriented design perspective
• develop and analyze functional prototypes and reflect on the use of interactive technologies as a design material
• present findings from the design process, argue for, evaluate and critically asses the value of their design to an academic and professional audience
• use the insights from the process to reflect on the evelopment of their own design ability
|Fagligt indhold:||This course enables the students to develop their design process skills to an advanced level of expertise. The course presents a research-based and design theoretical foundation for carrying out interaction design, UX and co-design processes in an iterative, agile and user-oriented perspective. Through a hands-on and project-driven engagement in design teams moving from initial idea to finished prototype, the students will explore and learn how to choose between a wide range of design methods and techniques. Further, the students will adopt a reflective and self-directed approach to developing their design abilities and to argue for and through their designs in an academically rigorous perspective. |
The course will revolve around two hands-on design projects; a sprint (1 week) in the beginning of the semester, and a 10-week iterative & user-driven design project based on an overall brief presented by the teachers.
|Obligatoriske aktivititer:||It is mandatory to participate in the design project including supervision, critique sessions, presentations and exhibitions. |
|Eksamensform og -beskrivelse:||D2G Aflevering med mundtlig eksamen der supplerer projekt. Delt ansvar for projekt., (7-scale, external exam)|
Oral group exam (4-6 people) based on a written report reflecting in the design process in relation to the course literature.