|Kursusnavn (dansk):||Avancerede designprocesser |
|Kursusnavn (engelsk):||Advanced Design Processes |
|Semester:||Efterår 2018 |
|Udbydes under:||cand. it, digital design og interaktive teknologier (k-ddit) |
|Omfang i ECTS:||15,00 |
|Min. antal deltagere:||120 |
|Forventet antal deltagere:||0 |
|Maks. antal deltagere:||160 |
|Formelle forudsætninger:||7.5 ECTS in programming or databases.
7.5 ECTS course or project work within design research methods, including qualitative or quantitative approaches as used in design or social research.
|Læringsmål:||After completing the course, the student should be able to:
• plan, conduct and reflect on digital design processes from a design theoretical foundation
• choose between appropriate design methods and techniques based on knowledge about the context of use and type of design process
• discuss and reflect on the use of analytic and practical design tools in the process in a user-oriented design perspective
• develop and analyze functional prototypes and reflect on the use of interactive technologies as a design material
• present findings from the design process, argue for, evaluate and critically assess the value of their design to an academic and professional audience
• use the insights from the process to reflect on the development of their own design ability
|Fagligt indhold:||This course enables the students to develop their design process skills to an advanced level of expertise. The course presents a research-based and design theoretical foundation for carrying out interaction design, UX and co-design processes in an iterative, agile and user-oriented perspective. Through a hands-on and project-driven engagement in design teams moving from initial idea to finished prototype, the students will explore and learn how to choose between a wide range of design methods and techniques. Further, the students will adopt a reflective and self-directed approach to developing their design abilities and to argue for and through their designs in an academically rigorous perspective. |
|Læringsaktiviteter:||14 ugers undervisning bestående af forelæsninger og øvelser|
The course will revolve around two hands-on design projects; a sprint (1 week) in the beginning of the semester, and a 10-week iterative & user-driven design project based on an overall brief presented by the teachers. It is mandatory to participate in the design project including supervision, critique sessions, presentations and exhibitions.
|Obligatoriske aktivititer:||Der er ingen obligatoriske aktiviteter / There are no mandatory activities. |
|Eksamensform og -beskrivelse:||D2G Aflevering med mundtlig eksamen der supplerer projekt. Delt ansvar for projekt., (7-scale, external exam)|
Students work throughout the semester on a design project. In groups of approx. 5 students, the students hand in a group report based on the design project. Oral group exam based on the written group report (20 mins per student).