14 weeks of lectures, exercises and supervision organised as bi-weekly 4 hour workshops where lectures, presentations and discussions in plenum are intermixed with supervision and hands-on individual and group exercises. A group consists of 5-6 students.
• Presentation of software sketching techniques in plenum accompanied by supervised group exercises
• Presentation of hardware sketching techniques and the basic microcontroller programming in plenum accompanied by supervised group exercises
• Presentation of cloud computing techniques in plenum accompanied by supervised group exercises aimed at making the students familiar with the use of a state-of-the-art cloud computing platform such as IBM Cloud
• Student group presentations of project work including vision, rationale, and concrete soft&hardware sketches
• Lectures with discussion of design theoretical concepts related to the early phases of explorative interaction design processes and soft&hardware sketching
• Lectures with discussion of key concepts including pervasive/ubiquitous computing, context, augmented reality,connectivity, location & proximity based interaction, the internet-of-things, smart connected products,cloud based computing.
• Participation in poster exhibition
The written work consists of:
- a group report of max. 20 pages, presenting the group project’s design process including the overall vision, interactive sketches, prototypes and other materials (video, paper, storyboards, scenarios, etc.). A group consists of 5-6 students.
- an individual reflection on process and outcome of max. 5 pages on the student’s project work and contribution to the project team.
Form of oral exam: Mixed exam 1