|Kursusnavn (dansk):||Mobile App Development, KSD |
|Kursusnavn (engelsk):||Mobile App Development, KSD |
|Semester:||Forår 2019 |
|Udbydes under:||cand.it., softwareudvikling og -teknologi (sdt) |
|Omfang i ECTS:||7,50 |
|Min. antal deltagere:||1 |
|Forventet antal deltagere:||0 |
|Maks. antal deltagere:||60 |
|Formelle forudsætninger:||You should be comfortable with programming in Java and have programming experience at least at the level of the “Introductory Programming (15 ECTS course)” course at ITU.
The course i first part of a specialisation on MSc in Software Design.
|Læringsmål:||After the course, the student should be able to:
- design a user-friendly, safe and efficient app
- implement a non-trivial Android app
- describe and analyze the architecture and work flow of an Android app
- design and implement Android user interfaces using activities, views and scrollable lists
- design and implement responsive, multi-threaded Android apps with asynchronous tasks and services
- design and implement a location aware app
- design and implement an app using the built-in database, sensors and camera
- design and implement an app that communicates with remote services
- plan and execute the deployment of an Android app using Android studio
- use the most common concurrency concepts such as processes, synchronization and locking
|Fagligt indhold:||This course gives a fundamental introduction to Java development of apps for the Android platform.
The following topics will be introduced:
- the four fundamental Android components (activities, services, content providers and broadcast receivers) and intents
- designing user interfaces using layouts and resources
- working with files and databases on a mobile device
- the Android life cycles and thread model
- using built-in camera, sensors and libraries/tasks e.g. calendar and contacts
- mobile/server communication including RESTful APIs and JSON
- Android libraries for creating location aware apps.
Furthermore, Androids threading model will be introduced and related to threading and concurrency in general.
|Læringsaktiviteter:||14 ugers undervisning bestående af forelæsninger og øvelser|
14 weeks of teaching consisting of lectures and exercises
Every week students will be asked to complete an assignment on their own.
In some weeks students will orally present/explain parts of their assignment (similarly to what they will do at the exam).
Students must install the software used in the course on their own PC’s – details will be provided on LearnIT before the start of the semester.
Apps can be tested on standard Android phones (older versions ok). Instruction on how to install the necessary software is given in the first week of the course.
Students must hand in solutions to weekly assignments. These will be graded (approved/not approved)
Students will receive feedback on their solutions to weekly assignments including the grading (approved/not approved).
All students must have at least 10 approved assignments in order to take the exam.
Be aware: The student will receive the grade NA (not approved) at the ordinary exam, if they do not have 10 approved assignments and the student will use an exam attempt.
|Eksamensform og -beskrivelse:||B22: Mundtlig eksamen uden forberedelsestid ved eksamen., (7-scale, external exam)|
Oral exam with no time for preparation.
The duration of the oral exam is 30 minutes pr. student including evaluation and feedback.