|Kursusnavn (dansk):||UX design I |
|Kursusnavn (engelsk):||UX design I |
|Semester:||Forår 2019 |
|Udbydes under:||cand. it, digital design og interaktive teknologier (k-ddit) |
|Omfang i ECTS:||7,50 |
|Min. antal deltagere:||12 |
|Forventet antal deltagere:||0 |
|Maks. antal deltagere:||60 |
|Formelle forudsætninger:||None. |
I øvrigt skal man opfylde IT-Universitetets generelle optagelseskrav.
|Læringsmål:||After this course the student will be able to:
• Characterize, define and describe the notion of User Experience and how it relates to usability
• Identify, model and validate user needs and goals for specific market segments, using an iterative hierarchical process
• Design and validate different levels of prototypes, building upon established interface paradigms
• Formulate verifiable hypotheses that can guide digital product design decisions
• Design methods to rapidly measure and validate such hypothesis, facilitating a data driven decision process
• Use UX prototyping techniques to communicate with a diverse set of stakeholders
• Characterize and define UX research methods that are used to investigate broader issues in relation to digital products
• Be able to apply a subset of UX research methods to investigate a given problem
|Fagligt indhold:||The course introduces the students to the theories, principles and methods of User Experience; it is focused on the development of functional UX design prototypes that combine multiple mobile devices and interfaces, from flat UI to dialog and voice based design patterns.
The course provides students with a foundation and practical experience in designing UX prototype products. The theoretical and practical content will be based on actual cases leading to group reports where results are described.
14 weeks of lectures and exercises. Approximately every second week, students present findings to the rest of the class. The exercises will be done in groups of 3-4 students and due 3-4 times during the semester.
|Obligatoriske aktivititer:||Presentations during the semester: The students present the development of their project 4 times during the semester during exercises. These presentations are obligatory and failure to present means the students are not allowed to hand in their project.
3-4 times during the semester, exercises will require a hand-in of 2-3 pages written assignment, also obligatory.
|Eksamensform og -beskrivelse:||CG: Skriftlige arbejder i grupper uden mundtlig eksamen., (7-scale, external exam)|
Each student hand in a group project (group of 3-4 students, approx. 15 pages) and an individual assignment (approx. 1 page)